International Student Identity Card
The International Student Identity Card (ISIC) was created by students in 1953 and is the only internationally recognised proof of full-time student status. More than 4.5 million student cards are issued annually from 130 countries. It is endorsed by organisations such as UNESCO, the European Council on Culture and the Andean Community of Nations. The card is recognised by universities, academic institutions, student organisations, ministries of education and over 150 governmental institutions around the world.
Benefits of the ISIC card include:
- Instantly prove your student status worldwide through the virtual card
- Access over 150,000 discounts and special offers including travel, entertainment, shopping, dining, education and software benefits
- Gain access to a wide range of exclusive opportunities and services
- Use ISIC’s discount search engine and app to search for benefits and discounts worldwide when you’re on the move
- Utilise your ISIC card for 12 months from the date of issue so you can make significant savings both when travelling abroad and back at home (including in Australia)
- Easy to use app gives you to access your virtual ID card, offers and more all within your mobile device
The ISIC plays a key supporting role in improving intercultural understanding, increasing educational opportunities and facilitating student life. By offering this card, our goal is to improve the student experience through access to discounts, support travel and encourage the cultural exchange experience amongst our students.
Specific student details (name, date of birth, email address, and home university in Australia) will be shared with International Student Identity Card (Australia) for students who purchase the ISIC card.