Virtual Internship in the USA
Expand your future horizons by securing a professional, intercultural virtual internship placement in one of the world’s most diverse and multicultural nations! Choose from 4 to 12 weeks to get hands-on experience in your chosen field.
Our Virtual Internship in the USA program is perfect for students who want to gain professional experience in their chosen field, work with an intercultural team at an international company, connect with US culture and who are looking for a lower cost (and environmentally friendly!) program option. With the use of modern technology, virtual internships allow students and graduates to gain practical skills, industry connections and business experience without leaving home.
Through this internship, you will gain professional experience and build your resume while working remotely on projects and tasks that add value to your company or organisation. This experience will be primarily project-based, with either one larger project over the course of the internship or several smaller ongoing assignments. Regardless of how many you undertake, each project will be substantive and you can be sure you are contributing to the business in a meaningful way. While this program allows for flexibility and independence, you will also have plenty of guidance and support from a designated supervisor.
We are committed to finding each virtual intern a custom, professional placement that matches your career ambitions to help you build your resume and achieve your professional and academic goals.
Our virtual internships in the USA have many perks and benefits:
- Build your resume with experience at an international company.
- Develop your skills working with a cross-cultural team from the USA and around the world while learning ways to do business in a different cultural setting.
- Gain professional, practical experience in a project-based placement in your chosen field to meet your academic and professional goals. Our internship placements are customised, diverse and cater for a range of interests.
- Enjoy flexibility with your working hours to suit your schedule.
- Have independence and autonomy balanced with ongoing support from a dedicated supervisor.
- Enhance and develop your communication skills, as well as time management, problem solving, creative and digital skills.
- Receive weekly newsletters including cultural topics and tips, plus information on professional and personal development.
- Participate in a Cultural Discussion Series.
- Complete your virtual placement from any location in the world, allowing for flexible hours and a lower cost option by saving on flights, visa fees, insurance and accommodation.
The specific schedule for each intern and placement will vary. Below is an example of what to expect:
- Day 1 (Monday): Placement begins. Meet with staff and supervisor to set out expectations and tasks for your project(s).
- Ongoing: Work will primarily be done independently with ongoing support and check-in meetings with your supervisor. Virtual interns may be included in company and staff meetings (where applicable) to observe, listen and learn. Interns should expect to work from 15-35 hours per week depending on the company, the project(s) and what has been mutually agreed in writing prior to your placement between the student and company supervisor. Ultimately, the placement will be project-focused so “clocking in/out” is less important than with a traditional internship.
- Weekly: Cultural discussions with established guide and associated questions on key topics (for example: work-life culture, food / eating, transport, history, geography, early society, cultural challenges, religion, weather, family and friendships, traditions and major holidays, language, health care systems, politics).
- Upon completion: Exit interview and evaluation.
Virtual internship placements are professional, well organised and students accepted in the program should be highly focused and ready to act in an equally professional business manner. Each intern will have a direct company supervisor who will be middle management or higher and act as a coach and mentor. They will provide ongoing feedback, direction, insight into the company and their role, and support the overall virtual experience.
Our custom placements are designed to fulfil your professional and academic goals and our team works hard to match you with your preferred customised internship placement.
While each internship is unique, here are some examples of projects or tasks that you may be engaged with:
- Business Development – Help the company to make decisions based on data, research and analysis. Develop methods to increase the value of current customers while attracting new ones.
- Research Projects – Carry out research projects within the industry of the company, identifying key players and searching for new sales opportunities.
- Operations – Understand the daily tasks of a company and focus on improving the processes in place to maximise efficiency.
- Administration – Create spreadsheets, prepare presentations, arrange meetings and manage databases.
- Content Creation – Improve your communication skills while updating websites, blogging, writing articles, or working on visual content through photography, photo editing, videography, graphic design, etc.
- Social Media – Create Social Media calendars, edit and post content on different platforms, engage the community and find new leads and influencers.
- Finance – Research on funds and investors, creation of financial plans and practices for startups
- Competitor Analysis – Research competitors from the industry or in other regions to determine if your company is performing at the level of the competition, staying on the cutting edge of new product development, and determine the competition’s capabilities and positioning.
Check out some of the current position openings on the Virtual Internship Job Board.
If you don’t see a position that matches your interests and goals, submit an enquiry and our highly qualified Program Advisors will help customise an internship for you that meets your professional and personal ambitions.
This is the best of both worlds! While you aren’t physically going to the USA, this program allows you to get a career-based experience in your chosen field to boost your professional development, plus get introduced to the culture from the comfort of your home.
Companies that host virtual interns on this program could be based anywhere within the United States. That’s the beauty of a remote placement! The United States of America is a constitutional federal republic composed of 50 states, a federal district, five major self-governing territories, and various possessions. The geography, climate and wildlife of the country are extremely diverse. The United States is the world’s third-largest country by land area, and the third-most populous. It is one of the world’s most ethnically diverse and multicultural nations and is home to the world’s largest immigrant population. The country is the world’s greatest economic power, measured in terms of gross domestic product (GDP). Its wealth is a reflection of its rich natural resources, its enormous agricultural output and the country’s highly developed industry.
Working for a US-based company is bound to enhance your resume and catch the eye of future employers.
Program Fee & Dates
|Virtual Internship in the USA|
|Application deadline is 4 to 8 weeks prior to commencement. Internships available for 4 to 8 weeks. Placements up to 12 weeks are available upon request for an additional weekly fee. Flexible start dates available. See the "More" info box for further details.|
|Application Fee||A$ 95|
|Program Fee||A$ 1,799|
Program fees include the following:
- Internship placement and supervision
- CISaustralia support services before, during and after the program
- Preparation guide and session
- Guided cultural discussions
- Weekly newsletters including cultural topics, tips and information on professional and personal development
- CISaustralia Certificate of Participation (available on request)
- Final evaluation provided by your supervisor
- 10% GST
What is not included:
- Program application fee
Note: Interns must have access to a personal computer and a reliable internet connection. Must be available to be online during US working hours for bi-weekly (twice per week) check-ins with your supervisor (mornings or evenings as mutually agreed in advance).
Please note that no internship placement is ever guaranteed, even after acceptance into the program. CISaustralia is in constant communication with each candidate providing ongoing updates on final placement confirmation and associated organisational opportunities.
CISaustralia reserves the right to alter fees at any time due to currency fluctuations and/or fee changes made by our partners.
Note: 10% GST is applicable on all virtual internship placements.