Virtual Internship in Singapore
Gain practical, professional experience with a project-based virtual internship while working in a cross-cultural team from Singapore. A wide range of placements are available that can be customised to your career goals and personal interests.
Our Virtual Internship in Singapore program is perfect for students who want to gain professional experience in their chosen field, work with an intercultural team at an international company, connect with Singapore culture and who are looking for a lower cost (and environmentally friendly!) program option. With the use of modern technology, virtual internships allow students and graduates to work remotely while gaining practical skills, industry connections and business experience without leaving home.
Your virtual internship will be primarily project-based, with either one larger project over the course of the internship or several smaller ongoing assignments. Regardless of how many you undertake, each project will be substantive, add value to the company and be well supervised so that you can be sure you are contributing to the business in a meaningful way while also learning new concepts and ideas.
We are committed to finding each virtual intern a professional placement that matches your career ambitions and goals to make sure your resulting resume stands out.
Our virtual internships in Singapore have many perks and benefits:
- Build your resume with experience at an international company.
- Develop your skills working with a cross-cultural team from Singapore and around the world while learning ways to do business in a different cultural setting.
- Gain professional and practical experience in a project-based placement in your chosen field. Our internship placements are customised, diverse and cater for a range of interests.
- Enjoy flexibility with your working hours to suit your schedule.
- Have independence and autonomy balanced with ongoing support from a dedicated supervisor.
- Enhance and develop your communication skills, as well as time management, problem solving, creative and digital skills.
- Complete your virtual placement from any location in the world, allowing for flexible hours and a lower cost option by saving on flights, visa fees, insurance and accommodation.
The specific schedule for each intern and placement will vary. Below is an example of what to expect:
- Day 1 (Monday): Placement begins. Orientation/induction. Meet with staff and supervisor to set out expectations and tasks for your project(s).
- Ongoing: Work will primarily be done independently with ongoing support and check-in meetings with your supervisor. Virtual interns may be included in company and staff meetings (where applicable) to observe, listen and learn. Interns should expect to work from 15-35 hours per week depending on the company, the project(s) and what has been mutually agreed in writing prior to your placement (between student and company supervisor). Ultimately, the placement will be project-focused so “clocking in/out” is less important than with a traditional internship.
- Weekly: Cultural discussions with established guide and associated questions on key topics (for example: work-life culture, food / eating, transport, history, geography, early society, cultural challenges, religion, weather, family and friendships, traditions and major holidays, language, health care systems, politics).
- Upon completion: Exit interview and evaluation.
Virtual internship placements are professional, well organised and students accepted into the program should be highly focused and ready to act in an equally professional business manner. Each intern will have a direct company supervisor who will be middle management or higher and act as a coach and mentor. They will provide ongoing feedback, direction, insight into the company and their role, and support the overall virtual experience.
Our custom placements are designed to fulfil your professional and academic goals and our team works hard to match you with your preferred customised internship placement.
Possible customised internship placements are available in the following fields*:
- Biotech & HealthTech
- Computer Sciences & Tech
- Human Resource Management
- International Business
- Sustainability & Social Causes
*Please note: Due to changing business conditions and needs of local businesses, we cannot guarantee that all these virtual internship placements will be available. If there is interest outside of these areas, please contact us and our Program Advisors will help you find an internship that meets your needs. Our custom placements are designed to fulfil your professional and academic goals and our team works hard to match you with your preferred customised internship placement.
Virtual internships are project-based. While each internship is unique, here are some examples of projects or tasks that you may be engaged with:
- Business Development – Help the company to make decisions based on data, research and analysis. Develop methods to increase the value of current customers while attracting new ones.
- Research Projects – Carry out research projects within the industry of the company, identifying key players and searching for new sales opportunities.
- Operations – Understand the daily tasks of a company and focus on improving the processes in place to maximise efficiency.
- Administration – Create spreadsheets, prepare presentations, arrange meetings and manage databases.
- Content Creation – Improve your communication skills while updating websites, blogging, writing articles, or working on visual content through photography, photo editing, videography, graphic design, etc.
- Social Media – Create Social Media calendars, edit and post content on different platforms, engage the community and find new leads and influencers.
- Finance – Research on funds and investors, creation of financial plans and practices for startups
- Competitor Analysis – Research competitors from the industry or in other regions to determine if your company is performing at the level of the competition, staying on the cutting edge of new product development, and determine the competition’s capabilities and positioning.
Check out some of the current position openings on the Virtual Internship Job Board.
If you don’t see a position that matches your interests and goals, submit an enquiry and our highly qualified Program Advisors will help customise an internship for you that meets your professional and personal ambitions.
This is the best of both worlds! While you aren’t physically going to Singapore, this program allows you to get a career-based experience in your chosen field to boost your professional development, plus get introduced to the culture from the comfort of your home.
Though physically small, Singapore is an economic giant located at the tip of the Malay Peninsula,. The place name “Singapore” is derived from Singa-pura (“City of the Lion”), a commonly used term since the fourteenth century. The main cultural traditions are Malay, Indian, Chinese, and to some extent Western (British). The different communities do not regard themselves as sharing a culture; instead, they consider themselves parts of a whole.
When partnered with a Singapore business or organisation, you will participate in the daily activities of that business, working on specific projects and tasks designed to give you invaluable experience in your area of interest while working in a cross-cultural team.
Program Fee & Dates
|Virtual Internships in Singapore|
|Application deadline is 4 to 8 weeks prior to commencement. Internships available for 4 to 8 weeks. Placements up to 12 weeks are available upon request for an additional weekly fee. Flexible start dates available. See the "More" info box for further details.|
|Application Fee||A$ 95|
|Program Fee||A$ 2,299|
Program fees include the following:
- Internship placement and supervision
- CISaustralia support services before, during and after the program
- Preparation guide and session
- Cultural workshops
- Weekly newsletters including cultural topics, tips and information on professional and personal development
- CISaustralia Certificate of Participation (available on request)
- Final evaluation provided by your supervisor
- 10% GST
What is not included:
- Program application fee
Note: Interns must have access to a personal computer and a reliable internet connection. Must be available online during Singapore working hours for bi-weekly check-ins (twice per week) with your supervisor (mornings or evenings as mutually agreed in advance).
Please note that no internship placement is ever guaranteed, even after acceptance into the program. CISaustralia is in constant communication with each candidate providing ongoing updates on final placement confirmation and associated organisational opportunities.
CISaustralia reserves the right to alter fees at any time due to currency fluctuations and/or fee changes made by our partners.
Note: 10% GST is applicable on all virtual internship placements.