Customised Healthcare Programs
CISaustralia works closely with academic health professionals to create short-term customised group programs for Australian students. CISaustralia is proud to work with our partner Australian Universities from a range of various health related fields, including but not limited to:
- Allied Health*
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Oral and Dental health (including dental hygienists and dental assistants)
- and other Health related academic fields of study
*Allied Health includes an extensive range of health related fields that CISaustralia can potentially support, including but not limited to:
- Audiologists and speech language pathologists
- Physical therapists, occupational therapists and respiratory therapists
- Diagnostic medical personnel (medical laboratory scientists, cytogenetic technologists, diagnostic molecular scientists, histotechnologists, pathologist assistants)
- Imaging specialists (radiographers, nuclear medicine technologists, sonographers)
- Nutritionists and dietitians
- Physician assistants
- Emergency medical personnel (EMTs, paramedics)
- Exercise science professionals (athletic trainers, exercise physiologists, kinesiotherapists)
- Health information technologists
- Health educators (asthma educators, diabetes educators)
- Counselors (genetic counselors, mental health counselors, family therapists)
- Specialists in cancer diagnosis and treatment (medical physicists, medical dosimetrists, radiation therapists)
- Pharmacy personnel (pharmacy technicians and assistants)
CISaustralia has specialised in Customised Programs since 2013. With this experience, we offer high quality group healthcare placements or observational study tour programs in almost any destination around the world.
CISaustralia works closely with Australian Universities to ensure each Customised Program is carefully developed to not only meet the desired teaching and learning outcomes for academic credit, but also has a positive and sustainable impact on the local community in which the group visits. This is achieved by ensuring that a strict Scope of Student Practice for the program is agreed to by all parties prior to the program commencing and working closely with our In-Country Partners (ICPs) to ensure that the local site partners (e.g. local villages and the associated communities, hospitals, community health clinics, private practices) are all well-equipped and have a long-term sustainable approach to working with student groups.
Each program is individually designed and supported by a dedicated CISaustralia Program Coordinator based in Queensland and on-site by a CISaustralia staff member. The Program Coordinator will provide full support from program development to program implementation. They will then hand the program over to the CISaustralia on-site staff member to coordinate the program in-country. This includes managing the program logistics, welcome and orientation, student support, group dynamics, cultural curriculum, student incidents and on-site emergencies, allowing the academic staff member to focus on what they do best – delivering to students the highest quality teaching and learning experience.
As each program is completely customised to the needs of the University, the degree, the course, the student group and academic staff member, the list of program inclusions is endless and only limited by one’s imagination.
- Disability Healthcare in India
- The Success of Community Health Clinics in Thailand
- Community Healthcare Clinic in Indonesia
- Healthcare in Sri Lanka
- Rural Healthcare in Vietnam
- Community Healthcare in Zambia
- Mental Health in Rural India
- Allied Healthcare Group Placement Programs in Thailand / Vietnam / Cambodia / Indonesia
|SUBMIT PROGRAM PROPOSAL QUESTIONNAIRE|
Hear from University academic staff about their experience with CISaustralia, and to learn more about how we can support you!