Welcome University of Newcastle Students
CISaustralia is proud to support The University of Newcastle and their students. We have worked closely with the University to send UON students abroad since 2014. This partnership enables students greater access to our overseas programs and ensures they have the best possible experience abroad! We are very proud of our close and long-standing partnership with UON. We take great pleasure in providing high-quality customer service and in supporting both students and academic staff to develop long-term sustainable programs abroad, which are most importantly for academic credit.
Please scroll down to learn more about the support and program opportunities that CISaustralia offers students and staff at UON.
University of Newcastle Student Videos
Pre-Approved Programs for University of Newcastle Students
The following programs have been pre-approved for academic credit by The University of Newcastle. To check your eligibility for academic credit, please contact the UON Global office or your Faculty Advisor to discuss.
If you find another CISaustralia program you are interested in that is not currently on the pre-approved programs list below, please contact CISaustralia. We will help direct you to the most appropriate person at your University for further advice on getting your January Study, July Study, Language Study, Internship or Volunteer program pre-approved for academic credit.
Please note: The following volunteer programs have been pre-approved for Environmental Science and Management or Exercise and Sport Science students only.
OS-HELP is a generous Australian Government funding initiative and is one of the most progressive funding opportunities in the world for university students! Eligible students can access funds to assist them with paying for some, or all, of their approved overseas program(s).
2020 OS-HELP funding amounts:
- Up to $6,913 – for studies outside Asia
- Up to $8,295 – for studies within Asia
- Up to $9,399 – for studies within Asia + Asian language studies
Program participants may be eligible to apply for a CISaustralia scholarship or grant. For more information please take a look at CISaustralia’s Scholarships.
The University of Newcastle offers scholarships and grants for all students to go abroad on an enriching experience.
- Global Traveller Grant for Short Term Experiences – grants are provided by the UON Global office to assist students to undertake short term experiences
- Hartley Short Stays Scholarship – $2,500 scholarship that supports a 3-week program in Noumea, New Caledonia at the language school CREIPAC
UON Global is a good source of information for credit approval, funding and general overseas study advice. Upon acceptance into your CISaustralia program, we recommend you make time to visit or contact the UON Global office to discuss your mobility plans. During certain key points in your enrolment process, CISaustralia will connect you with appropriate staff at UON.
Contact CISaustralia and we can help direct you to the right UON support staff.
CISaustralia is dedicated to providing university students with innovative, high quality, short-term overseas study, intern and volunteer experiences for academic credit, while promoting global awareness, inspiring personal growth, and developing engaged world citizens.
- Choose from 70+ programs in 30+ countries around the world
- Study at top ranking universities abroad
- 24/7 on-site support in all program locations – Site Directors and Site Coordinators available to assist with airport pick-up, orientation, excursions and more
- 98% of students receive academic credit towards their Australian University degree
- Detailed pre-departure and on-the-ground program and destination counselling
- Accommodation included in all program locations
- Improve your employability and build your resume and core skills whilst abroad
- Immersive cultural experiences – explore historical and inspiring cities and sights, meet people from all over the world, learn a new language, step out of your comfort zone, take part in unique and exciting adventures, experience what real-life learning is truly all about!
Be guided every step of the way by the highly trained CISaustralia team who are passionate about international education and believe that every person should have the opportunity to study and travel overseas – there is so much to learn and experience in this world of ours – and CISaustralia wants to help you!
Whether you want to go overseas for new experiences, or whether you want to do it to further yourself academically and professionally, with a CISaustralia experience you’re going to benefit in ways that are immeasurable!
For University of Newcastle Academic Staff
In addition to offering students a variety of short-term study, intern and volunteer programs abroad, CISaustralia also specialises in the design, development and implementation of Customised Faculty-Led Programs (CFLP).
Each year CIS supports approx. 150 CFLPs for 1,500 students in 100+ global locations. Academic staff interested in leading a Customised Faculty Led Program (CFLP) can get started by filling out the CFLP Questionnaire.
Questions? Contact Jane O’Keeffe, CISaustralia CFLP Manager
T: 07 5571 7887
Academic staff are also encouraged to contact the University’s International Office for further information.