July in Paris, France
Spend 2 weeks in Paris, France for part of your winter university break. Choose to take a course in Brand Management or Business and Entrepreneurship. In the heart of the City of Light, experience the famous museums, monuments and sites of Paris, while immersing yourself at a prestigious business school.
Do you want to experience Paris whilst earning credit towards your degree? Our July in Paris, France program is a unique opportunity to study business at the Paris School of Business, one of the top 5% business schools worldwide. Students will discover and live the magic of Paris while enrolled in a 2-week program through a mix of academic classes and experiential visits to many famous Parisian landmarks.
Start getting excited about:
Historical location – Wandering through the streets of Paris is like walking in a life-size timeline of architectural styles and techniques throughout the ages. You will discover the Middle Ages and its iconic designs, as well as every era of Parisian history.
Focus on innovation – Study at Paris School of Business, an international and innovative campus in the heart of Paris, designed and equipped for connecting students and companies together for co-working and thinking outside the box.
Top quality business education – Take a course in Business and Entrepreneurship or Brand Management at one of the world’s top prestigious business schools. The school has been awarded the prestigious AACSB accreditation and has EPAS accreditation for its Master in Management (MiM) – Grande Ecole Master Program.
French immersion – Live like a local to learn or improve your language skills!
As an international student, CISaustralia organises a full orientation upon arrival. You will discover everything there is to know about your new city – from housing, cultural adaptation, money and banking, to sporting, food, safety, excursions, the best restaurants and places to hang out. Get ready for an unforgettable experience!
You could find many reasons to study in France, but here are a few highlights that make this program unique:
- Paris has been ranked three years in a row as the best student city in the world (QS Rankings), due to the quality of life, diverse student population and excellent quality of education
- The campus is situated in the heart of Paris so students can take advantage of all the City of Light has to offer
- Paris School of Business is considered one of the 24 best French business schools and is among the top 5% most successful business schools in the world
- Full guided campus and city tour on day one of the program
- Immerse yourself in French culture – both on campus and throughout the local community
- Learn French in France with Paris as your classroom, while supported by your on-site CISaustralia team
- Located at the center of Europe – with no less than nine neighbouring countries, Paris offers quick access to major European cities
- Field trips and excursions – see the best this city has to offer
Choose Your Course
The July in Paris, France program is hosted by Paris School of Business. The 2-week study courses offered in business will give you a great opportunity to further develop your academic career while discovering the beautiful city of Paris. The courses also include out of class activities related to the field of study. All courses are taught in English.
- Doing Business & Entrepreneurship in Europe
- Luxury Brand Management
Course Load:1 course, each equivalent to 7.5 ECTS credits / 48 hours
- Depending on your Australian university, “courses” may be referred to as “subjects” or “units”.
- Each course/subject/unit you undertake on a CISaustralia program is designed to be a full-time, semester course that has been condensed to fit into an intensive, short-term program. As such, for any 1 course you study abroad, you should receive the credit points for 1 full-time course/subject/unit at your Australian university.
- Many universities work off of a 1-for-1 equivalency (1 course abroad = 1 course in Australia), but ultimately credit approval is the decision of your faculty and Australian university.
- CISaustralia strongly recommends that you have any overseas courses pre-approved for academic credit before you depart for your program. Some documentation that may be useful are the course outline/syllabus, program overview and the contact hours.
- Your CISaustralia Program Advisor can assist with any questions or details your university needs to make a decision.
Academic Requirement: To qualify for this program, students must be in good academic standing with a GPA of 4.5 (out of 7) or equivalent. If your current GPA falls below the requirement, you may still be considered for the program but will need to be prepared to provide supporting documentation. Please contact us to discuss your situation and we will work with you to help find another suitable program if required.
During your orientation and program in Paris, you will be integrated into the culture. There will be many opportunities to get to know Paris and see other parts of France. As part of your program you will experience some excursions organised by your host institution.
This program may include the following experiences/excursions:
- Welcome and farewell dinners
- Walking tour through Paris
- Half-day trip to Versailles
- Guided tour of Musée d’Orsay or Louvre
- Visit to Latin Quarter with tea and sweets in Paris Mosque
Please note excursions are subject to change and are indicative only.
Paris is known for its dense cultural and artistic network. Museums, architecture, history or music – even the town design has stories to tell and is surrounded by myths and anecdotes. With more than 80 million foreign visitors per year and 35 UNESCO World Heritage Sites, France, and particularly Paris, is THE worldwide tourism destination for its culture and its gastronomy. Studying in Paris means enjoying a unique lifestyle as well as an intellectually stimulating educational experience.
Paris’s museums are endless, with enormous famous collections, and small charming galleries, each with their own set of curiosities and stories. Hundreds of theatres throughout the city add to its illustrious reputation as a cultural centre, offering world-class theatrical, ballet and opera performances. From classic French music, to famous books converted to musicals, to uniquely Parisian comedies, the theatre in Paris is a must-see.
History is around every corner and under every cobblestone in Paris, from the most important tourist attractions to the old café on the corner. There are few places in the world where the modern convenes with the ancient in such a rich and authentic way. This city has witnessed it all, you will find the ruins of ancient Roman baths, the flamboyant opulence of the Napoleonic era, the vestiges of the French Renaissance, the glorious beginnings of the Art Deco style and its buildings. Streets stand as evidence today of all these historical events. Whether you’re an architecture connoisseur or not, the sheer beauty, elegance and intricacy of these endless styles and designs are sure to impress and inspire.
The city is world-famous for its cuisine and offers up nearly any type of food that you can imagine – and many that you can’t! You can savour steaming hot, authentic Chinese and Cambodian cuisine in the 13th neighbourhood, or delicious treats for people on a budget in the Montmartre neighbourhood or the Latin Quarter. Of course, don’t miss out on French classics like a juicy steak frite with a lovely glass of wine!
The unique urban layout of Paris is divided into 20 neighbourhoods, each with its own unique character, ranging from downtown hustle and bustle to cosy residential streets and everything in between. The popular Marais combines unique Renaissance architecture with great shopping. The fun vibes of the Latin Quarter make a great place for students and young travelers to hang out. The popular but unmissable Champs Elysées is often described as the Times Square of Paris. The city’s winding streets and alleyways offer unique squares, neighborhoods, residential areas, hidden cafes and independent boutique shops around every turn. It’s up to you to discover them all!
Your July in Paris, France program will be spent at Paris School of Business, a European elite management school that combines academic excellence, international awareness and professional experiences. Paris School of Business (PSB) provides a variety of courses for you to study business, taught in English.
Recent innovation has allowed PSB to be identified amongst the best French institutions. It is one of the top 1,000 out of the 18,000 accredited universities and business schools worldwide. PSB has also been awarded the prestigious AACSB accreditation. The school now joins the very exclusive group composed of the 24 best French business schools. It is among the top 5% most successful business schools in the world.
The EPAS Accreditation Board is the leading international system of quality assessment, improvement and accreditation of business programs and has recently awarded EPAS accreditation to PSB for its Master in Management (MiM) – Grande Ecole Master Program. EPAS accreditation is the most thorough program accreditation system for business and/or management programs and is acknowledged worldwide by potential students, employers, clients and the media.
In 2014, PSB moved into the first Parisian Cluster Campus which brings together three schools, researchers, companies and start-ups, designed to provide students with the perfect environment not only to study but to meet other students, discuss, create and co-work.
Paris School of Business prepares students to become highly skilled managers open to the world, enabling them to commit as efficient decision makers and conscious leaders. This program allows you to study at Paris School of Business, gain credit towards your degree and live the magic of Paris!
Your housing in Paris is approximately a 30-minute commute to campus via public transportation. You’ll live in off-campus shared apartments, with single or double occupancy rooms in traditional French neighborhoods with modern living arrangements.
The following list of amenities are included in each apartment:
- Fully outfitted kitchens, including appliances, pots and pans, dishes and dining implements
- Washing machine and drying racks; no dryer (Parisians don’t use them!)
- Fast and reliable hi-speed WiFi
- Clean, comfortable linens and towels included
- Bed sizes: (90cm x 200cm)
- A dining table and chairs
- Living area with sofa seating
- On-line, on-call maintenance service
- Renter’s insurance
Program Fee & Dates
|July 2020 (2 weeks)|
|Application Deadline||29 April 2020|
|Arrival Date||28 June 2020|
|Departure Date||10 July 2020|
|Program Fee||A$ 7,598 - 8,598|
Program fees include the following:
- Tuition fees
- CISaustralia support services before, during and after the program
- Academic advising
- Financial advice
- Assistance with travel arrangements
- Visa assistance
- Pre-departure guide and session
- Airport pick-up (on specified program arrival date within designated arrival times)
- On-site orientation
- Welcome and farewell dinners
- Day and cultural excursions
- CISaustralia 24/7 on-site support – Site Director
- Paris School of Business official transcript
- CISaustralia Certificate of Participation (available on request)
What is not included:
- Medical insurance
- Travel insurance
- Visa fees
- Vaccinations (if required)
- Meals (unless mentioned above)
- Extra travel/excursions (other than those mentioned above)
- Textbook fees
Dates are for reference only and are subject to change. Please do not book flights until you have received the confirmed dates in your acceptance paperwork.
CISaustralia reserves the right to alter fees at any time due to currency fluctuations and/or fee changes made by our partner universities.