Monitoring Global Events
To ensure that we are as up-to-date as possible concerning major world events, the team at CISaustralia works to regularly monitor global events and worldwide safety alerts. Part of this is subscribing to a number of governmental and private risk-management and travel monitoring services that provide the most accurate and up-to-date news and information regarding world affairs and travel information. Various sources include:
- Australian Government Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade travel alert services – Smartraveller
- Alerts from our primary accident and insurance carrier – Cultural Insurances Services International
- The Overseas Security Advisory Council of the United States Department of State Bureau of Diplomatic Security – OSAC
- An extensive global network of Program Managers, Partner Institutions and On-Site Directors – these sources on-the-ground offer local, realistic and timely analysis of events
- Professional industry-based communication with our network of 10+ global companies
- Daily travel alert services provided by our counterparts in the United States
In the event of an emergency, all communication is channelled through the CISaustralia office, regardless of where it begins. If we receive information that could impact the health or safety of students in a location, we will do the following:
- PROTECT: Account for the health, safety and wellbeing of all CISaustralia students.
- INFORM: Determine the scope of the crisis by liaising with local authorities.
- RESPOND: Determine the program’s ability to continue and whether any changes need to be made, and reach out to students’ Australian Universities and emergency contacts.