The focus of this environment project in NZ is on preserving and restoring New Zealand’s unique wilderness and natural landscape. The activities could include; endangered species protection and disaster relief, environmental monitoring, tree planting, heritage restoration and much more! People who love nature and the environment will love this project. It is a challenging project with an environmental focus but is incredibly rewarding. You can choose to volunteer in the South of North Islands. Volunteers start in either Christchurch or Auckland, but can choose to transfer directly to more rural locations around the likes of Punakaiki or Hamilton, where the natural environment can be truly appreciated.
Make a difference today!
- Project Activities: Varies on location and time of year. Tree planting, trail construction, wildlife surveys, seed collection, weed control, conservation fencing, heritage restoration and disaster relief
- Working Hours: Mon to Fri. 8 am to 4 pm
- Project Availability: Projects start every Friday. The project is closed between Dec 21st and Jan 4th each year
- Location: Various locations around the North and South Island. Volunteers start in either Christchurch or Auckland but can choose to transfer directly to more rural locations
- Support: 24-hour support from on-site coordinator and project leaders
- Excursions: Plenty of time to make friends, hike, travel, head to the city for the weekends (location pending) and see this amazing country. NZ is the home of snowboarding, adventure travel, extreme sports, hiking and hot springs
- See: www.newzealand.com.au
- Min Age: 18+
- Language: English