The focus of this environment project in NZ is on preserving and restoring New Zealand’s unique wilderness and natural landscape. The activities could include: endangered species protection and disaster relief, environmental monitoring, tree planting, heritage restoration and much more! People who love nature and the environment will love this project. It is a challenging project with an environmental focus but is incredibly rewarding. Volunteers can choose from three regions – Auckland and Wellington on the North Island and a more remote part of the South Island called Punakaiki, where the natural environment can be truly appreciated.
Make a difference today!
- Project Activities: Varies on location and time of year. Tree planting, trail construction, wildlife surveys, seed collection, weed control, conservation fencing, heritage restoration and disaster relief
- Working Hours: Mon to Fri. 8 am to 4 pm
- Project Availability: Projects start every Friday. The project is closed between Dec 21st and Jan 4th each year
- Location: Auckland and Wellington on the North Island and Punakaiki on the South Island.
- Support: 24-hour support from on-site coordinator and project leaders
- Excursions: There will be plenty of time to make friends, hike, travel, head to the city for the weekends (location pending) and see this amazing country. NZ is the home of snowboarding, adventure travel, extreme sports, hiking and hot springs. The on-site staff can give recommendations for excursions in Auckland and Wellington that are located close to the city. Excursions in Punakiaki on the South Island can be challenging as it is a rural area and very remote.
- See: www.newzealand.com.au
- Min Age: 18+
- Language: English