The focus of this environment project is on preserving and restoring New Zealand’s unique wilderness and natural landscape. Project activities may include: endangered species protection and disaster relief, environmental monitoring, tree planting, heritage restoration and much more! People who love nature and the environment will love this program. It is a challenging project with an environmental focus that is incredibly rewarding.
- Project Activities: Varies on location and time of year. Tree planting, trail construction, wildlife surveys, seed collection, weed control, conservation fencing, heritage restoration and disaster relief
- Project Availability: Projects start every Friday. The project is closed between 21 Dec and 4 Jan each year
- Project Duration: 2+ weeks
- Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm
- Location: Volunteers can choose from two locations – Auckland (North Island) and Christchurch (South Island)
- Excursions: There will be plenty of time to hike, travel, enjoy the city on the weekends and see this amazing country. NZ is the home of snowboarding, adventure travel, extreme sports, hiking and hot springs. On-site staff can give recommendations for excursions in and near Auckland and Christchurch.
- Support: 24-hour on-site support from Project Leaders and Site Director
- Minimum Age: 18+
- Language: English