This is a true immersion experience – your opportunity to experience the “real” Nepal. As a volunteer you’ll live and work in a rural community and immerse yourself in the local culture. Nepal has a large rural and agricultural society, with 85% of the population residing in small villages and working family farms. This program provides an experience that is truly unique in Nepal.
Located 35km from the capital city of Kathmandu, the project team manages a women's farm cooperative, which also provides English classes to local children in the mornings and a medical clinic, as the surrounding village is a considerable hike from the nearest town. Nepal is famous for its captivating mountain views and the location of this farm project is ideal for enjoying these. It is also perfectly situated, in the “hills” for going on hikes in the surrounding area. Be sure to do the morning trek and catch a sunrise view between mountaintops, as the moon still above sinks down behind you!
- Project Activities: Farm work, teaching, creative activities with children, NGO assistance
- Program Availability: This program is available on fixed program dates (only) throughout the year for 2-3 weeks
- Program Duration: 2-3 weeks
- Working Hours: Vary depending on project focus, around 6-8 hours per day, 5 days a week
- Location: Dhading District, Nepal
- Excursions: Staff will help organise trips and activities in your spare time, just let us know if you have any special interests and our team can develop something especially relevant and unique. Kathmandu is a 2-hour bus trip from the farm project site so you are free to visit over a weekend or before/after your program and explore the local cuisine, impressive sights and many sounds of this diverse city. With its juxtaposition of current and ancient traditions, strolling and observing your surroundings will be enough to keep you amazed for hours, but then again so could the mountain views, it’s up to you!
- Support: 24-hour on-site support from our Project Leaders and Site Director
- Minimum Age: 18+
- Language: English