Spend six weeks this summer studying at UCLA Extension – in vibrant Los Angeles (LA), California. Enjoy a beautiful, global campus with state-of-the-art amenities, including multiple gyms, pools, cafes and restaurants – all surrounded by LA’s most iconic neighbourhoods. Escape the heat and wet Australian summer weather for a warm, dry Southern California 'winter'. UCLA's aesthetics alone are impressive, with its lush landscaping and remarkable architecture featuring modern amenities. Add to this a vibrant campus, world class athletic facilities and entertainment opportunities and you realise that a summer short course at UCLA Extension is not only academically rewarding but personally fulfilling as well.
UCLA Extension – CISaustralia and UCLA Extension have combined to offer this six-week program for Australian students. UCLA Extension is one of America’s oldest, largest and most comprehensive continuing higher education providers. Also known as the UCLA Division of Continuing Education, UCLA Extension offers a wide variety of professional development courses and programs for people who want to advance their careers, explore new career options, and enrich their personal lives. Most UCLA courses and programs are ‘open-enrolment’ meaning that they are open to residents in the Los Angeles area and individuals in other parts of California and the US. Additionally, UCLA Extension offers a variety of courses and programs for international students and professionals, and, at any given time, there are more than 1,000 international participants enrolled in UCLA Extension programs and courses. All courses and certificate programs offered by UCLA Extension have been developed and are administered in accordance with Extension and UCLA policy and the regulations of the Academic Senate of the University of California.
UCLA Accomplishments – Amongst its many accomplishments and notable alumni, UCLA has 12 Nobel Prizes, 12 Rhodes Scholarships, more National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) titles than any university and more Olympic medals than most nations. A fun fact is that some faculty and alumni helped create the Internet and pioneered reverse osmosis – our lives would not be what we are used to without these people. More than 100 companies have been created based on technology developed at UCLA, and in 2013–2014, UCLA ranked 12th in academics and 8th for reputation in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
Summer Program Designed Specifically for CISaustralia and Australian University students – On this six-week January program specifically designed by UCLA Extension for CISaustralia students, participants enjoy all that UCLA Extension and Los Angeles have to offer, while choosing from a range of courses that align with the Australian university summer break. UCLA receives more student applications than any other university in the USA – arguably the world! Students will take classes primarily or exclusively with other Australian CISaustralia university students, but will have the opportunity to meet full time UCLA students by walking around the beautiful campus. In January 2016, 47% of students in the associated classes on this program were US and other international students, and the remaining 53% were from CISaustralia. Class sizes and the proportion of other students in any given class will vary based on demand, class caps, pre-requisites and enrolment per course.
Exceptional Support – CISaustralia prides itself in providing personal, attentive support from initial enquiry all the way through to after you've returned. We also offer a full range of support services on the ground, helping you with airport pick up, settling in, excursions, emergencies, issues or concerns around your program, or just if you’re feeling out of place and need someone to chat to. Our on-site staff will organise some excursions and activities to help you meet fellow participants and to experience some of the area's many impressive sites. If you’re in need of an activity, restaurant suggestion, direction to local sporting events or even a museum location, our on-site staff will be more than eager to share recommendations with you!
Life in Vibrant Los Angeles – Enjoy living and studying in the entertainment capital of the world. LA is a cultural mecca boasting more than 300 museums, over 4 million people and the 15th largest economy in the world. You’ll study in a welcoming environment that appreciates diversity and a global perspective. Home to icons such as Hollywood, Disneyland and Rodeo Drive, Los Angeles offers both a wide range of must-visit tourist destinations and plenty to keep you engaged when you venture off the beaten track.